Data Protection Policy of
The name and contact details of the controller and, if applicable, its representative:
Freie Universität Berlin
represented by its president
Kaiserswerther Straße 16-18
Contact details of the data protection officer:
Deputy data protection officer of Freie Universität
Andreas Hübinger, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Purposes, for which personal data are to be processed
On behalf of Freie Universität Berlin, Universität Hamburg Marketing GmbH collects, stores and processes personal data if you provide such data voluntarily to us when registering or when you contact us and use such data for the following purposes:
- to respond to your wish for us to establish communication,
- to update our offer to you,
- for conference and event management purposes,
- to send our email newsletter/information updates about the conference (also with respect to third-party suppliers) via email
- for quality assurance purposes,
- for marketing purposes, and
- for our statistics.
Legal basis for processing
The personal data concerning you is processed on the following legal bases:
- your consent, point (a) of Art. 6 (1) GDPR
- in order to perform a contract with you, point (b) of Art. 6 (1) GDPR
- legitimate interests, point (f) of Art. 6 (1) GDPR (see below)
We pursue the following legitimate interests when processing your data:
- to improve our offers
- to prevent misuse
- Compiling statistics
Recipients or categories of recipients of personal data
When processing your personal data, we work with the following service providers, which have access to your data:
- Universität Hamburg Marketing GmbH
- Providers of web analysis tools
- Web hosting providers
- Conference Management Software Converia as official brand of Lombego Systems GmbH
Duration, for which the personal data are stored
- If processing is based on your consent, we store your data until you withdraw your consent at the latest.
- If processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, we store your data for no longer than the contractual relationship with you exists or until the statutory periods of preservation have expired.
- If processing is based on legitimate interests, we store your data for as long as your interest in erasing or anonymising the data does not override our legitimate interest.
We receive the data from you/from the conference participant stated in the email, including data on any accompanying person (and the devices you use).
Data transmission to third countries
Data are transmitted to third countries outside the European Union. They are transmitted on the basis of contractual provisions that were designed to meet the applicable law and to ensure an appropriate level of protection of your personal data. Upon request, you may read these contractual provisions.
Requirement or obligation to make data available
Unless explicitly stated otherwise when the data is collected, you are neither required nor obliged to make data available.
Additional data protection information
Using the registration form
As soon as you use the registration form to register for the event, on behalf of Freie Universität Berlin, Universität Hamburg Marketing GmbH collects the following personal data. Some fields are marked as mandatory fields and are required for registration. These data are necessary for implementing the contract with you (point (b) of Art. 6 (1) GDPR). By filling in the other fields, you agree that your data will be transmitted to us. Such data includes the following data or categories of data:
– First name and surname, other name if relevant for name badge
– Form of address
– Job title and position
– E-mail address
– Date of registration
– Allergies/ food intolerance
– Contract billing and payment information
Contact and customer support
The contact form on the website of Universität Hamburg Marketing GmbH is an easy way to get in touch with us quickly. Some of the fields are marked as mandatory fields to enable us to communicate with you (name, email address). When you fill in the fields and click “Submit”, you consent to your data being transmitted via email to Universität Hamburg Marketing GmbH, which acts on our behalf (point (a) of Art. 6 (1) GDPR). The data are not stored on the webserver.
Within the scope of customer support, you have the opportunity to contact Universität Hamburg Marketing GmbH, which acts on our behalf, via the website of Universität Hamburg Marketing GmbH. In doing so, you voluntarily provide your contact data to Universität Hamburg Marketing GmbH, which acts on our behalf.
Your personal data transmitted to Universität Hamburg Marketing GmbH, acting on our behalf, will be stored automatically, whereby the processing exclusively serves the purpose of processing your request to Universität Hamburg Marketing GmbH on our behalf. We do not forward data to third parties.
Automatic storage of access data
Whenever a user accesses one of our web pages, the data associated with such access is automatically stored in a log file. This refers to general information, such as the referral page (the page from which the file was requested), the name of the file requested, date and time of the visit, the data volume transmitted, the protocol that was used and some internal identifiers sent by the internet browser and, if applicable, information on the operating system.
This general information is anonymous, i.e. it is not stored together with any personal data concerning you we may already have and is not attributed to such data in any other way. The information is analysed purely for statistical purposes and used to improve the contents and features of the website (point (f) of Art. 6 (1) GDPR). These data are not forwarded to third parties, neither for commercial nor for non-commercial purposes.
Furthermore, this website also uses so-called cookies. A cookie is a small text file with an identifier that is transmitted to the user’s computer when the user visits our website, together with the information that was actually requested and is stored on the user’s computer. The file is kept available there for later access and serves to identify the user.
For more information on cookies and how to delete them, please go to: https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-delete-cookies/.
Use of the Google Analytics analysis tool
You can further prevent Google Inc. from recording and processing these data by downloading and installing the browser ad-on available from: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
Alternatively, or if you are using a browser on a mobile device, please click the following link: deactivate Google Analytics. This link places an opt-out cookie on your device that deactivates Google Analytics for our web pages on the browser you are currently using. If you delete the cookies in your browser, you need to click this link again.
For more information and information on how to deactivate this type of advertising, please go to http://www.google.com/settings/u/0/ads/anonymous?hl=en.
Universität Hamburg Marketing GmbH, which acts on our behalf, uses Google Fonts, a service provided by Google LLC. (“Google”). These web fonts are incorporated via a server call that is usually addressed to a Google server in the US. This shows to the server which of our websites you visited. Google furthermore stores the IP address of the browser on the device belonging to the visitor of these websites.
Universität Hamburg Marketing GmbH
The services of Universität Hamburg Marketing GmbH are used to manage events. A corresponding order data processing agreement pursuant to GDPR was concluded with the company Universität Hamburg Marketing GmbH. The data protection policy of Universität Hamburg Marketing GmbH is available at https://www.marketing.uni-hamburg.de/en/privacypolicy.html.
Hetzner Hosting, Converia
Provided that certain conditions are met, you have the right
- to request information on how your data is processed,
- to have incorrect data rectified,
- to have your data erased or blocked,
- to restrict data processing,
- to receive your data in a portable format and to transmit such data to a third party,
- to withdraw your consent to processing with immediate future effect as per point (a) of Art. 6 (1) GDPR and
- to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority about unlawful data processing. The competent supervisory authority is the Hamburg Representative for Data Protection and Freedom of Information (HmbBfDI).
Furthermore, if the legal requirements as per Art. 21 GDPR are met, you have the right to object to data processing which is based on a “legitimate interest” of the controller as per point (f) Art. 6 (1) GDPR or which is carried out for direct marketing purposes.
Validity and last amendment to this Data Protection Policy:
This Data Protection Policy is currently valid and was last amended in March 2021.
Further developments to our website and offering or changes to statutory or official regulations may require us to amend this Data Protection Policy. The current data protection declaration is available on our website to be downloaded and printed as needed.